Country of origin: New Zealand
Brand: Manuka Health
Manuka honey is natural honey that comes directly from the nectar of New Zealand manuka bush, where the flowers bloom for only two to three months a year. It has a different taste and texture than other honey types.
Benefits of manuka honey:
• Strengthening the immune system
• Increasing energy, physical performance, and fertility
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
• Contains a high level of antioxidants
• Helps in treating:
- GERD (acid reflux)
- Cough, sore throat and sinuses
- Digestive problems, colitis, stomach ulcers and constipation
- Helicobacter pylori
- sleep disturbance
- hormonal disorder
- Skin cuts and scrapes
What does MGO mean?
It is the abbreviation of the word (methylglyoxal): a natural compound found in manuka honey in much higher proportions than other types of honey, and it has unique anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in the body.
What does UMF mean?
UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor and is one of the best-certified systems for testing and measuring the purity and quality of Manuka honey in New Zealand. Based on the examination of the samples, a certificate is issued by the UMFHA organization in New Zealand, stating the details of the examination and the quality of manuka honey according to the approved standards.
What is the difference between manuka honey grades?
In general, the higher the concentration of Manuka honey (UMF, MGO), the higher the therapeutic and anti-inflammation effect of the honey will be.
Be aware of some commercial manuka honey that is subject to heating and tampering with ingredients. The HMF factor should not exceed a certain limit so that the honey will have all its benefits and meet the approved standards. Any changes to the natural components of honey affect its benefits. At Manuka House, as a certified distributor, we provide laboratory certificates approved by the highest certified association for testing manuka honey in New Zealand, in addition to the Ministry of Health in Bahrain.
When is the best time to take honey and how many times a day?
A teaspoon once or twice a day. Eating honey on an empty stomach in the morning is more beneficial. In general, honey can be taken at any time during the day. Honey can be taken alone or with warm water.
Is manuka honey or other types of honey suitable for children?
Yes, and useful for them. Manuka honey is 100% natural and safe for children who are one year old or above.
Is manuka honey suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
Yes, it is safe. It compensates them for the nutrients they need and is an effective anti-inflammatory during pregnancy and lactation.
How do we keep honey?
At room temperature away from direct sunlight. It can be kept in the refrigerator but keeping it in a very cold place may speed up the natural crystallization process over time (it is in the form of small frozen granules) and crystallization occurs in honey naturally due to several factors, including low temperature, feeding bees, and crystallization of honey never affect its quality and benefits.
- Orders in Bahrain are delivered on the same day if the order is received before 9:30 pm (Saturday to Thursday).
- Orders to GCC countries are delivered in two to four days.
- Delivery is free within Bahrain for orders of 10 BD and above.
- 1 BD is the delivery charge for orders less than 10 BD in Bahrain.
- 3 BD is the delivery charge for shipping to GCC countries.
- Due to the nature of the products, it is not possible to return or exchange a product after purchase.